RR to install the Kexi app icons (*-app-kexi.png) in the proper place

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Jan 7 20:50:32 GMT 2013

Am Montag, 7. Januar 2013, 21:33:08 schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> On 7 January 2013 20:56, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau <kossebau at kde.org> wrote:
> > currently the Kexi app icons (*-app-kexi.png) are installed in the wrong
> > location,
>
> [..]
>
> Hi Friedrich,
> Thanks for this discovery. Please fix.

Okay, will do then as proposed.

> I have just one request to look how Krita manages that in
> krita/pics/CMakeLists.txt without using two subdirs.
> It apparently also copies files like hi22-app-krita.png into
> ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/krita/pics in addition to installing such files as
> icons via kde4_install_icons( ${ICON_INSTALL_DIR}). Is this recipe
> proper or another bug?

Good catch, I would say, seems another bug, the Krita app icons are installed
(to the right place) via kde4_install_icons( ${ICON_INSTALL_DIR}), installing
also manually to ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/krita/pics is unneeded.

Boudewijn,
I would propose to move the Krita app icons *-app-krita.png into an own folder
as well, e.g. krita/pics/app, so this confusion between the different places
where the icons are to be installed can be avoided.

Okay for me to separate them out to krita/pics/app? And perhaps even add
another subdir krita/pics/actions or krita/pics/tools, where all the other
icons from krita/pics are moved to, so it's balanced storing?

Cheers
Friedrich