RFC: Turning flag TINY into ACTIVEONLY, move Author to toplevel dir

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Feb 18 09:30:51 GMT 2013

Am Montag, 18. Februar 2013, 09:38:38 schrieb Inge Wallin:
> On Sunday, February 17, 2013 23:00:46 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am looking currently into proper packaging of Calligra Active. And would
> > propose that we redo the flags which control when Calligra Active is
> > build.
> >
> > Calligra Active related requirements:
> > a) Packagers should have a simple flag/way to build exlusively
> > CalligraActive and everything that is useful for that (currently the part
> > libs of Sheets, Stage, Words + all the related filters and the
> > thumbnailers)
> > b) CalligraActive should be optionally also flagged for build in parallel
> > with the "normal" program(shell)s of Sheets, Stage & Words.
>
> Agreed.
>
> > Requirement a) will make packagers of PlasmaActive-centered distris happy,
> > as they do not need the QWidget-based shells at all. Requirement b) is for
> > other packagers who would like to make their users CalligraActive
> > available
> > as well, and also for developers who do not want to maintain two separate
> > builds just to also develop CalligraActive next to the old-fashioned
> > programs. Currently one needs to patch the CMakeLists.txt to have
> > CalligraActive built with everything else.
> >
> > So the build system needs to be aware that all of Sheets, Stage & Words is
> > composed from two things, the core (part) and the shell/app.
>
> And the other apps too, presumably.  But it's not as easy as that,
> unfortunately. The core also contains lots of stuff that is only needed in
> QWidget environments. Just take a look at libs/widgets and the fact that
> shape tools can create a QWidget based tool option widget. QWidget is
> everywhere.

Ah, you got me wrong here. I just wanted to separate things which are not
compiled into the part, but into the executable, into a separate dir. Like the
main.cpp and the app.desktop file.

Currently the instructions and sources to create the actual executable are in
the same dir like the stuff for the part (former kpart). Which makes that dir
and the CMakeLists.txt more crowded, also confusing (why is the dir name
part?)

There should not be any coding work involved, just shuffling files around and
afapting the buildsystem.

More reply tonight :)

Cheers
Friedrich