Autocorrect

laurent Montel montel at kde.org
Mon Sep 24 07:18:26 BST 2012

Le dimanche 16 septembre 2012 13:01:38 Albert Astals Cid a écrit :
> El Diumenge, 16 de setembre de 2012, a les 09:58:23, laurent Montel va
> escriure:

> > > To be honnest, they either have a very broken autocorrect system on thoses
> > > phones, or a lot of dyslexic people are blamming their phones, for
> > > autocorrect to go from swimming to sem**, there is something very very
> > > wrong. It is also true that when using a phone in T9 mode can lead to
> > > such words mistakes, but that is also something that does not affect
> > > autocorrect.
> > >
> > > In fact, autocorrect (and it usually is) should be limited to very obvious
> > > spelling mistakes ie, "conection" -> "connection", and so on. That is also
> > > why I don't see why there would be a different dataset for kmail or
> > > calligra.
> > Exact.
> > We must have the same dataset.
> > Otherwise users will not understand why we have 2 datasets.
>
> Sure, I never said anything against that ;-)
>
> As said, once you've done the code change in
> kdelibs/kdepim/calligra/koffice/wathever just tell me and i'll adapt all the
> l10n-kde4 languages in trunk (I understand we are not touching stable, right?)

Sorry was in training last Week (so not time to create this patch).
Now I think that you can move all in kdelibs/data/autocorrect

And install them in ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/autocorrect

Thanks a lot.
Regards

--
Laurent Montel | laurent.montel at kdab.com | KDE/Qt Senior Software Engineer
Tel. France +33 (0)4 90 84 08 53, Sweden (HQ) +46-563-540090