Week of polish

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Mon Oct 8 08:19:44 BST 2012

On Monday 08 Oct 2012, Inge Wallin wrote:
> Now I suggest that we do the same for 2.6 except we concentrate on
> usability problems, visual glitches and other misfeatures. In short:
> polish.
>
> I am tired of seeing reviews saying "Calligra has a great potential but is
> unpolished". Let's take the step from potential to maturity!
>
> I suggest that we use the first week after 2.6beta and the branching, which
> is on Oct 26th. That means monday the 29th of October to sunday the 4th of
> November.
>
> What do you say?

Great idea.

But I suggest you do it the week before the beta. The reason is that after the
beta strings are frozen. And it seems to me that polishing would require
changes to string. Now, you would say, lets push the string freeze, but, this
would be done at the expense of translations work, so if we were to do that, I
would suggest to push the RC/final version by one week as well.

In other words, the options would be:

- polish week is one week before beta
- polish week is after beta, with one week of delay for the freeze and with
four weeks between beta and RC

--
Cyrille Berger Skott