Calligra and Unity - Here's our chance

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Wed Oct 3 23:08:37 BST 2012

As you may know KDE applications in general and Calligra in particular don't
play too well together with Unity. Among other places, this can be seen in
this article:
http://www.linuxinsider.com/story/Calligra-Productivity-Suite-Too-Much-
Trouble-76291.html

I brought up this issue in an irc channel and Albert Astals Cid (tsdgeos), who
works at Canonical, very kindly offered to fix the unity bugs/misfeatures that
he could during the next few days because he was already working on similar
things.

So those of you who are running Ubuntu, please take some time to test the
Calligra applications on Unity and report all the issues you can find to
bugs.launchpad.net. But please do it soon since Alberts tasks at work may well
change soon and he won't be able to fix them.

	-Inge

PS
I don't know if Unity settings somehow mess with KDE settings so ifyou have
doubts it may be better to run Unity in a virtual machine if possible.