Capitole du libre and aKademy-fr

Jean-Nicolas Artaud jeannicolasartaud at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 09:36:46 GMT 2012

Hello guys!

I took part in the organisation of the "capitole du libre" : big french open
software event, in wich is the aKademy-fr and other events (django-fr,
blender
fundation...) take parts. The impressions of Aurélien Gateau (aka mister
cake)
on this event on this blog [1].

I was awesomely surprised to ear that much good things over the calligra
suite.
Some aKademy-fr speackers used totally calligra-stage for their
presentations,
and they were surprised of the evolution of the last 2 years. So only for
this,
I want to say good job guys!

Another thing that made me happy is the David Revoy conference in the
multimedia track (so only artist users, no hackers, most of them doesn't
even
know what KDE is or could be...). He explained how good is Krita, and how
it is
the best numerical painter on a lot of point. He showed some examples in
use to
show us the power of the 2.6 version (he is always compiling the trunk to
find
bugs to report). As you may know he is a professional painter and uses krita
about 8hours a day every day! That's really interesting and motivating to
ear
that kind of stuff with a crowed saying "wouh!" and asking at the end: "how
can
I install this awesome free software ?"

The sunday I went on the Aurélien's UI clinic with stage in the hand! We had
two hours reviewing the UI. We decided to make plenty of change (on the
paper
for now), but only small changes and re-organizing things -- many work to
have more space on dockers, showing exactly the same options to the user,
but
making him more confortable. The Aurélien's advices are really clear and
precise, and he takes all you say into account. I'll try to implement what
we
discussed this sunday.

That's the first event I ear only positive points over calligra by the
users!
Hope it makes you happy too!

[1] http://agateau.com/2012/11/26/akademy-fr-2012

--