Annotations

Inge Wallin inge at lysator.liu.se
Thu Nov 22 17:42:51 GMT 2012

So, 2.6 is still not out and we are in the bugfixing stage before the release.

But it's not too early to start thinking about the next version. And for 2.7
I'd like to make annotations, a.k.a notes, one of the big new features. In
fact, I had hoped that we could have an early version already in 2.6 but for
various reasons that didn't happen.

We already have code in 2.6 that loads and saves annotations but there is
nothing in the UI for it. So I'd like to start a thread here about the design
of the UI for annotations.

Thomas Pfeiffer (colomar) is our resident interaction designer, and I think
that you have thought a little about annotations, right?  Do you have an
opinion on this? At least we should write down a couple of usecases and see
what we need to support. Maybe we can create support for anotations in several
smaller steps.

At least if the task is as big as Boemann says: several months.

I can start a project page at community.kde.org if people are interested in
this.

	-Inge