kdgantt

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue Nov 13 16:01:25 GMT 2012

+1
a minor reasonmis also: koreports chart plugin uses kdchart but if you
see my recent commit to it in master, when I needed to check if
kdchart is enabled in cmake cache, for no reason I had to check for
chartshape instead.

On 13/11/2012, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Nov 2012, Inge Wallin wrote:
>
>> While I was helping Stuart with some library work I noticed that kdgantt,
>> library to create Gantt charts, is located in / rather than /libs/ within
>> Calligra. Is there any specific reason for this?
>>
>> Shouldn't it be moved to libs/, perhaps together with kdchart which is
>> now
>> located in plugins/chartshape.
>>
>> The latest version of kdchart actually contains kdgantt too so that makes
>> even
>> more sense when we update to the latest version.
>
> That's because it's a 3rd party library, not something we develop
> ourselves, and in the svn days it was setup as an external, shared with
> some otherprojects.
>
> It would be better to have calligra/3rdparty/kdchart and
> calligra/3rdparty/kdchart, but not in calligra/libs.
>
> Boudewijn

regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
Kexi & Calligra (kexi-project.org, identi.ca/kexi, calligra-suite.org)
KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (windows.kde.org)