"Uncompressed XML Files" format variants

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Tue Nov 13 07:31:22 GMT 2012

I'd like to propose to add a cmake option, off by default, making it
available regardless of presence of DEBUG flag. I bet distros do not
touch advanced options, so the effect shall be positive.

On 12/11/2012, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> On Monday, November 12, 2012 15:31:00 Jos van den Oever wrote:

>> > Didn't you say that there are features in odt that are not supported by
>> > fodt? I forgot the details but I think it would be good to have the
>> > info
>> > before we make the decision.
>>
>> The mayor missing feature in the flat format is RDF, simply because
>> including that has not been specified for 1.2. There is not much else
>> that is not supported by the flat format. The flat format basically
>> combines meta.xml, settings.xml, content.xml and styles.xml into one
>> file. Obviously the files will be larger and bitmap images will be
>> embedded as base64 which is not so pretty.
>
> How about manifest.xml? Or is type info stored in some other way?
>
>> Cheers,
>> Jos

regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
Kexi & Calligra (kexi-project.org, identi.ca/kexi, calligra-suite.org)
KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (windows.kde.org)