File import/export for Calligra Sheets -- where to start?

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Sun Nov 11 07:00:59 GMT 2012

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 12:21:16PM +0100, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> On 10 November 2012 10:33, William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > As a way of learning Calligra code, I would like to add a simple file
> > import/export to Calligra Sheets.  The file format is similar to CSV
> > format.
>
> Hi,
> A side note, if the format is really custom and rarely used, it fits
> as an optional plugin.
> If your goal is to support special case in the CSV import/export,
> extending the existing options of the filter makes more sense.

At the moment, I'm testing the water. :-)  My interest is accounting/ERP
system for small business, and I want the user interaction with the data
to be spreadsheet-like.

The file format is sort of 3-column CSV, ie.
    int,int,string\n
where "int" is row/col index, and "string" is the cell content.
--
William