Building on Windows

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed May 23 07:46:31 BST 2012

On 21 May 2012 10:18, Taco H. in den Bosch <taco at heddesit.nl> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am still trying to build Calligra Words on windows. I am having several
> problems doing this using Emerge. First there was a problem with the DBus
> implementation, which I have been able to work around with the help of Ivan
> Miraglia. After this, okular refused to build (see the errors below).
>
> Additionally I am trying to build Words using my own Visual Studio projects
> and solution. I have a lot of projects (flake, kokross, kopageapp, koplugin,
> kotext, koundo2, main, odf, pigment, textlayout, widgets) compiling and
> linking with relatively little fuss, but 'words' is giving a large number of
> error messages, also shown below.
>
> The errors generated while compiling the 'words' project are pretty basic,
> such as include files that do not exist (KWTextFrame.h), type members that
> do not exist (AutoRunAroundSide), undefined types (KDialog), type conversion
> problems (from qreal to QTextLength), redefined symbols (i18nc), and so on.
> In at least one case the non-existant type member
> KoParagraphStyle::setCharacterStyle is caused by the member being commented
> out, but this is not always the case.
>
> I assume that the Calligra source that I downloaded (which I did recently)
> should be in a compileable state. However, the issues that I am seeing do
> not seem to be configuration related, so at this point I am unable to see
> what I might have done wrong.
>
> So, to sum up my two questions:
> * Why doesn't 'emerge okular' work?

Hi,
This is question to kde-windows at kde.org or to dedicated forum
http://forum.kde.org/viewforum.php?f=59

> * Why doesn't the words component of the Calligra source compile?

We need you!
i.e. people are needed who often compile on Windows, fixing (often
minor compile bugs) and once everything compiles, someone also needs
to do the testing of apps running on the OS. MSVC is different
compiler, so supporting is needs exactly this kind of maintenance,
having compileable for gcc is not enough. The same applies to clang,
which we may want to support one day.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek