Calligra sprint in Randa?

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Mon May 21 13:00:05 BST 2012

On Monday 21 May 2012 13:44:34 Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi all
>
> On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:49 AM, C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk> wrote:
> > On Monday 21 May 2012 09:24:22 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> >> On Monday 21 May 2012 May, Inge Wallin wrote:
>
> >> But the travel costs are going to be huge!
> >
> > Not to speak of the fact that we would probably loose ~3 hours at each
> > end of the sprint in Randa due to longer commuting times, being so far
> > away from a big airport.
>
> Not 3 hours but 2 if you fly to Geneva instead of Zurich. Losing an
> average hour a day at least commuting in a big city like Berlin is
> worse, in Randa you do not commute at all as everything is on the same
> premises. Personally I prefer Randa for a sprint to any big town as
> the isolation in the mountains is very stimulating to get real work
> done. The last 2 time Amarok and kde-multimedia spent in Randa where
> among the most productive of all sprints.
>
> The travel costs are not higher than for other sprints AFAIK, the
> really expensive part are flight tickets and those are expensive
> regardless if you travel to Berlin or Switzerland or anywhere else. No
> idea where this idea comes from. See also my comment on Bouds mail.

On the wiki it says 120chf ~100€ for train return tickets (discounted) with
the airports. Plus flight tickets are way more expensive to geneva, so I would
be looking at 200€ higher travel cost

And in berlin we have hotels within 8 min walking of the meeting place.

and okay 2 hours more, however, such a long train ride usually means less
frequent rides, meaning on average more time needed and also a larger buffer
for unforeseen delays.

just saying, it's something for each of us to judge. It can't be generalized,
but as it happens for me this time around it will be about the same because
I'll be traveling from not so far away in Italy.

boemann