Calligra sprint in Randa?

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Mon May 21 12:36:27 BST 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 9:24 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Monday 21 May 2012 May, Inge Wallin wrote:
>> I have been asked by Mario Fux (unormal) about whether the Calligra community
>> is interested in participating in a big sprint in september.  You can see the
>> relevant doodle here: http://www.doodle.com/svghf38ibdg6k9dv .
>>
>> This will be held in Randa, Switzerland in a brobdingnagian[1] house which
>> allows several KDE groups to have their own sprints simultaneously while at
>> the same time allow for shared discussions. I hear it's really useful.
>>
>> If we accept the offer and let Mario arrange a nice sprint, we will have good
>> food, good surroundings and good rooms. Did I mention sponsorship from the e.V
>> and some local sponsors is already secured?
>>
>> I think the timing is not bad. We have just gone a full spring without a
>> Calligra sprint and we also have shortened our release cycle to 4 months.
>> Given the schedule for Calligra 2.5[2] this date should be around the middle
>> of the development cycle for 2.6 (or 3.0). We probably need a sprint soon and
>> this is as good time as any.
>>
>> On the other hand, a full week is really long.  Perhaps we can have a
>> dedicated Calligra sprint over the weekend. The Randa sprint itself will be
>> friday to thursday) so we could maybe have friday - monday or so and then
>> people who want to discuss or hack on something particularly complex could
>> stay a few more days.
>>

> It would certainly be interesting to share a sprint with other KDE projects. On the other hand, Randa is difficult and expensive to reach...

Not really, as there are tourist tickets valid from and to the
airports in Switzerland, also no-fare tickets are usually organized by
Mario which lowers the cost even more. And you get a ride with the
Glacier express which makes up for the time you spend in the train any
time :) Don't forget that in Berlin one can lose hours on the tube
every day depending on where your hotel is, and their airport
situation is currently a real mess. Also the landscape of Berlin is
nothing compared to Randa...

Regards,

Myriam, with her Swiss hat on :)
http://www.fsfe.org