calligra:fill-style-name and friends

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Wed May 16 10:50:24 BST 2012

On Wednesday 16 May 2012 10:42:38 Jos van den Oever wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Calligra uses quite some attributes that are not part of the ODF
> specification but unique to Calligra. These are prefixed with the
> 'calligra:' prefix which points to the http://www.calligra.org/2005/
> namespace.
>
> calligra:specialborder-top/left/right/bottom
> --------------------------
> calligra:specialborder-left="" calligra:specialborder-right=""
> calligra:specialborder-top="" ... />
> (after converting mw03_page_border_first_page.doc)

> calligra:specialborder-bottom="dot-dash"
> calligra:specialborder-left="dot-dash"
> calligra:specialborder-right="dot-dash"
> calligra:specialborder-top="dot-dash" ... />
> (after converting mw03_page_borders.doc)
>
> apparently expands fo:border
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-xsl-20011015/slice7.html#border
> which allow
> none,hidden,dotted,dashed,solid,double,groove,ridge,inset,outset as per
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS2/box.html#value-def-border-style
> The newer CSS3 still has only these values.
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#ltborder-stylegt
> There was a css wording draft which did allow for dot-dash:
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-css3-border-20021107/#border-style
> but it's not currently a recommendation.
> Nevertheless it might be better to use fo:border="1px dot-dash red" than
> calligra:specialborder-bottom="dot-dash".
Absolutely correct description of what it does, and why, but i disagree that
we should use something that isn't a standard. What we do is save the closest
match in fo:border plus use the calligra:specialborder to give a more accurate
description for those who understand it. This way applications that only
understand the standard will not be hung to dry, while we at least can do
better.

The additional values are: wave, double-wave, triple-dot--dash, dot-dot-dash,
dash-largegap, slash