UI color palettes vs. document color palettes (& style previews)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu May 10 15:34:49 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 10. Mai 2012, 16:12:19 schrieb C. Boemann:
> On Wednesday 09 May 2012 23:55:00 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am currently looking into fixing the conflict of the character/paragraph
> > preview rendering e.g. in the paragraph style selection combobox (see
> > attachment), which shows most with dark UI color schemes.
> >
> > Who else has looked into that before or is perhaps looking right now or
> > plans to do so?
>
> No one i think, but pierre stirnweiss is the one who made the combobox

Okay.

BTW, while looking into the preview stuff I have now started to also work on
making
	 FormattingPreview to use KoStyleThumbnailer
(and clean up the cruft in the textshape setting dialogs), as both the preview
in the style select combo box and the preview in the dialog(s) have lots in
commons, so are better be done in one go.
(Using the thumbnailer in the dialog was talked about in
http://git.reviewboard.kde.org/r/104411 ), Gopalakrishna, have you already
also started on this?

But I will wait for the patch from mojtaba shahi named "sure new name for
style is unique" to be in master before I post a first patch draft for review,
as these patches are slightly conflicting.
Hopefully that is the only conflict currently I need to take care of.

Otherwise thanks for the answer, comments taken into account for what I hack
together :)

Cheers
Friedrich