A bug in Calligra that I noticed-may be helpful for people working first time on calligra

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu May 10 13:43:57 BST 2012

On 10 May 2012 13:03, Adam Pigg <piggz1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or in a file under .kde4/env/ which is run every time you log in

I am not REALLY sure. Won't this change location of the KDE settings
(and e.g. maildir) because $KDEHOME is altered?
I think if .bashrc is used or .kde4/env/, $KDEHOME should not be changed.

Also any global change like this will mean that we cannot use multiple
installations of Calligra (e.g. one [stable] installed from a package
and one [testing] compiled by hand).
But often we want to do that...

So I recommend executing the commands by hand in a new terminal.

ALTERNATIVE:
Advice for quite advanced users that prefer to automate their work:
use .build-config script as explained at:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Increased_Productivity_in_KDE4_with_Scripts

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek