Calligra code download page

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Mon May 7 14:52:25 BST 2012

On Monday 07 May 2012, Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> On 7 May 2012 08:54, Jaroslaw Staniek <staniek at kde.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am updating http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Building for info on
> > how to get the code.
> > Any idea why we (unlike other KDE apps) have all these calligra-x.y.z
> > dirs at download.kde.org instead of just calligra/ dir and files
> > inside?
> > E.g. http://download.kde.org/calligra-2.4.1/
>
> After talking to bcooksley, I propose the
> http://download.kde.org/stable/calligra/2.4.2/calligra-2.4.2.tar.bz2
> route, starting from the next version. I understand we cannot move
> 2.4.1 now.

I am not sure what problem it solves, and might break scripts and so on for
distributions. If you want a permanent link there is

http://download.kde.org/stable/calligra-latest

We could have a symlink directly to the tarball, but I like that it shows the
availability of translations.

I don't see any attic on the ftp server. Might be something only for KDE.

And the rule I follow is similar to the one used by KDE, I keep the latest "2.
(n-1).x" release, with all the "2.n.x" release. Once a stable one has been
released.

And I remove all the unstable one at once when I reach the first beta/alpha.
Mostly because I don't really think at removing them before.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott