Project Proposal for Calligra

jigar raisinghani jigarraisinghani at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 22:17:52 GMT 2012

Hi,
          Sebastian, one thing i personally like about Calligra
Sheets(Tables) is its "IMPORT" feature. eg.  you have  10 tables in a
document, Calligra Sheets extracts and opens it in 10 different sheets.
This is awesome. But supposing you have to make minor changes in 3-4
tables, you would not like to export it or create new files. Rather than
exporting it, we could just let the changes be reflected back to the
original file itself. I guess extending the functionalities of SHAPE to
create streams and wait for streams to save back the data would also be a
nice method as Friedrich suggested.

As far as Calligra Words is concerned, i guess extending the
functionalities of FLAKE/SHAPE would be better option as of now. My idea of
opening tables in Calligra words using Calligra Sheets was basically to
allow user to implement all the functions of Calligra Sheets using Calligra
Words. But this is only possible if Calligra Sheets allows the changes to
be reflected back directly.As Friedrich suggested, having ruler plugins for
SHAPE would be best.

Moreover the above ideas of just extending the FLAKE/SHAPE to implement the
desired features in Calligra Sheets and Calligra Tables would not disturb
the concept of FLAKE/SHAPE.

This was just a very rough idea of what i would like Calligra Sheets and
Calligra Words to have and not my actual GSOC Proposal.

Cheers,
Jigar Raisinghani