Project Proposal for Calligra

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Thu Mar 15 12:33:42 GMT 2012

On 03/15/2012 12:04 PM, C. Boemann wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 March 2012 12:53:16 jigar raisinghani wrote:
>> Hi
>>                 Here is a project proposal which i would like to implement
>> in Calligra Tables and Calligra Words.
>> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/49042576/Project%20Proposal_JIGAR.pdf
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jigar Raisinghani
> Hi
>
> Other developers: Could you please read this, because it's not at all about
> Calligra Words And Calligra Sheets, but about how we handle embedded
> documents.

I_did not use _all functionality Calligra tables provides but I wonder
about the sentence

Abstract: Presently, Calligra Tables allows to import data from .odt
files by extracting
tables and creating a copy of those.

Do we? I am not aware of such functionality. Or does this refer to
copy+paste? Or to an intermedia-step that is needed?

Also I miss any detail *how* that should be done. As import/export
plugins? Or is the plan to extend Flake? I think the proposal is to
abstract and misses anything concrete that would give an idea *how* this
should be achieved. At least a time-table that shows what steps are
planed, what the gsoc would include, what we can expect to have after
the gsoc (means in terms of code), etc. pp. would be needed for such ab
abstract topic/proposal.