release issue

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 21:51:56 GMT 2012

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 4:48 PM, C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> There is a bug in qt4.8 that makes textediting crash. And it's not really
> practical to workaround it in Calligra.
>
> More specifically qt4.8 crashes whenever you eg cursor->setPosition or
> editing
> that moves the cursor position.
>
> Unless you wrap those call inside begin/endEditBlock pairs. I've done that
> but
> this is all over and also has the not so nice side effect that the visible
> cursor position is not update..
>
> so what to do. We can't really wait until a bug fix for qt comes out, but I
> don't really know what else to do.

Is this bug already in the Qt bugtracker? If so we could pressure them a
bit more, but voting on that.

I think in case it can't be fixed in time that particular Qt version should
be blacklisted. It doesn't make sense to release a version that crashes all
the time. I think that would be even worse than no release for that Qt
version.