Missing OTP template files: curious_penguin.otp and kde_events.otp

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Tue Jun 26 14:15:57 BST 2012

Am Dienstag, 26. Juni 2012, 06:30:46 schrieb Thorsten Zachmann:
> Hello Friedrich,
>
> On Monday 25 June 2012 19:42:25 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Hi Thorsten,
> >
> > more than a year ago you added a few desktop files for not yet done
> > kpresenter templates, without the templates, but to prevent the string
> > freeze. See
> > https://projects.kde.org/projects/calligra/repository/revisions/b122340ca0
> > 6
> > 8a15a657078f0b7c633410fd7427f
> >
> > Excerpt from commit message:
> > --- 8< ---
> >
> >     o add desktop files for the rest of the kpresenter templates that will
> >
> > be shipped
> >
> >       The files are not yet installed as templates are not ready yet. This
> >
> > is to add
> >
> >       the missing strings so that they can be translated.
> >
> > --- 8< ---
> >
> > But for two desktop files there are still no odp templates (inc.
previews):
> > 	stage/templates/odf/curious_penguin.desktop
> > 	stage/templates/odf/kde_events.desktop
> >
> > Are these odp templates and preview files simply not yet commited, or
> > should these desktop files be rather removed (master and 2.5)?
>
> good catch. Seems like this got lost in the transition phase to calligra. I
> already had the files added to the kpresenter directory. Added the files to
> master and 2.5.

Ah, preferred solution, thanks :) The penguin template is a nice extension of
the template palette, guess it will be much liked by young humans.

But the "KDE events" template does not leave a good impression to me, the
background image is a too much scaled bitmap, there are too many artifacts for
my taste. Do you hopefully happen to have a vector-based version around? Or
should I better contact Damien, the author (as meta-data tell), and ask if
there is?

Cheers
Friedrich