features progress list

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Thu Jun 21 17:23:36 BST 2012

On Wednesday 20 June 2012 12:31:57 Jaroslaw Staniek wrote:
> On 20 June 2012 08:53, C. Boemann <cbo at boemann.dk> wrote:
> > No No. We don't need filtering or anything. Just an update version of
> > what we had. Updated meaning that it handles the extra column for
> > version and a narrow column (1 char) for link to git.
>
> OK, so here's my proposed solution:
>
> http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Feature_Plan#Proposed_table
>
> - the usage is as simple as currently possible
> - I wasn't able to change Feature* templates as these are used by other
> project, so I added: CalligraInProgress, CalligraTodo, CalligraDone,
> and extra CalligraWish
> (at least I'll use CalligraWish for planned features without clear
> version assigned)
Hmm is "Wish" as status really needed. Couldn't it just be a "Todo" item with
no version set

> - status column is narrowed as much as possible
Great idea. I've contributed 3 icons instead of the letters

> - git branch is narrower and link is created automatically, skipping
> is accepted as you can see on the sample table
Very good. I can accept us having a branch column now

> - MOST VISIBLE CHANGE: added Component column, so all items can be now
> put in a single table what gives ability to sort the table globally
> (useful to get version/status plans overview)
I'm not sure I like it. Take your "Kexi Main Window" as an example. It makes
the entry take two rows of text. If we make the column wider it takes space
from every entry..

I would prefer the way it was done before with one table per component. And
sub-components could be done like I have done with:

http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Schedules/2.5/Feature_Plan#Words