features progress list

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Tue Jun 19 21:43:31 BST 2012

On Sunday 17 Jun 2012, C. Boemann wrote:
> Now while in theory I like it, I also dislike that the height of each entry
> thus will grow to more than one line of text.
That said the branch could be simply replaced by just the link. I just did the
change on the webpage and it now takes one line. And with a bit of CSS work,
the status, branch and target columns could be reduced (it would also be good
if KDE's CSS designer could learn to make CSS with dynamic page width for
wikis...).

> When having features for all future versions and for all applications, then
> we have a very long list. And when many people don't seem to keep the list
> up to date we get a lot of cruft, with no regular releases to clean out.
> (eg look how the krita 2.5 list was not updated, since I copied it from
> the 2.4 list)
>
> I fear this will be an unmaintained mess pretty quickly

That is an other argument for having the column with targetted version. Since
we could simply remove all features that have missed two releases.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott