[calligra] /: Move core parts of KexiDB lib to libcalligradb

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Fri Jul 13 07:45:13 BST 2012

On Friday 13 Jul 2012, you wrote:
> Flexibility is a +1, but one -1 (besides adding further complexity to
> cmake files) is that these build profiles should only be used for
> custom builds. We don't want stripped-down Word in the popular
> distros, for example, not being able to handle the Biblio feature.
You really don't have to worry about distributions, packagers will package
with every optional dependency as possible, and as long as they are listed at
the end of the configuration step, they will notice them and include them.
This is why we often get the complain that Calligra installation is bloated.
Personnaly, I think it is ok.

However I thought we were in agreement that we wanted to make it possible to
create very lightweight custom build of calligra with as few dependencies as
possible.

In any case, new hard dependencies need to be discussed and announced on the
mailing list in advance.

--
Cyrille Berger Skott