[calligra] krita/data/templates: Add design templates from deevad

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Jul 2 03:14:11 BST 2012

Am Montag, 2. Juli 2012, 02:54:17 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> Hi Timothée,
>
> Am Sonntag, 1. Juli 2012, 12:25:38 schrieb Timothée Giet:
> > Git commit 08e1c0a139f19e2bbbd620dbbcaafcf9e991d9c0 by Timothée Giet.
> > Committed on 01/07/2012 at 11:59.
> > Pushed by timotheegiet into branch 'master'.
> >
> > Add design templates from deevad
> >
> > Some common useful basic templates.
>
> There is a small issue with this commit:
> all the .desktop files reference their preview images to be in the relative
> directory .icon/, but the CMakeLists.txt installs the images to the the icon
> dirs of Krita,
> As result they will not be found and the "Unknown" icon is displayed for all
> the "Design templates".
>
> Attached patch fixes that. Okay to commit?

Hm, I could image that those icons could be useful for other templates as
well. So a better fix could be to keep the locations where the icons are
installed (or install them to ${DATA_INSTALL_DIR}/calligra/icons, that way
other calligra apps can use them as well for templates) but rename the icon
files to more general names like
	template-ratio-2.39:1.png
	template-ratio-16:10.png
	template-ratio-4:3.png
	template-DIN-A-portrait.png
	template-DIN-A-landscape.png

The latter two ideally would be changed to just have "DIN A" on it, to give a
reference to the ratio, to match the other ratio-only icons. But changing to
"DIN A" would just be from the generic-solution-liker in me, just a proposal
for the future :)

Important is the fix to align desktop files and icon install location.

> But there is still an issue with the icons. They must stored in a square
> size (with transparent parts), otherwise the KIconLoader adds black borders
> on making it square. And ideally they are in 128x128 size, as that is the
> max size used on the detail preview. That way no ugly upscaling happens.
>
> (I currently investigate if there is a way to make KIconLoader use ARGB when
> some PNG format flag which enforces ARGB)

No progress here so far. Better just use square icons, with just transparence
where needed. Best in size 128x128 :)

Cheers
Friedrich