Initial work on a Karbon CDR import filter

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Jan 28 02:24:28 GMT 2012

Hi,

last weekend I started to try if I can do an import filter for the CorelDraw
file format. I managed to get first parts of that format decoded and turned
into some Karbon document data, see also my blog entry
	http://frinring.wordpress.com/2012/01/28/trying-to-read-files-from-the-
past/

Some questions:
Initially I tried to create directly a KarbonDocument object, not another SVG
file. But then I found out that shapes like e.g. Rectangle and Ellipsis are
only provided by factories from plugins, so I cannot create them directly from
code, is that correct? Do I really have to instead create a SVG file as
output?

Anybody would like to join the efforts? You are welcome! The CDR formats I
will work on are the ones for version 4 and 5 (as these are the ones of the
files I am interested in). So people with other versions will have to scratch
their itch themselves :)

You can find the current state in the branch “CDRImport” in my clone of the
Calligra repo here:
http://quickgit.kde.org/?p=clones%2Fcalligra%2Fkossebau%2Fcalligra.git&a=summary

Cheers
Friedrich

PS: Am subscribed to this ML, no need to cc: me