Patch for msoscheme

Uzak Matus matus.uzak at ixonos.com
Mon Jan 9 16:52:32 GMT 2012

Hi Mani,

I'm not happy about that patch (check the reasons below).  Do you know which application produced that file?

PowerPoint 2007 classified your test file as corrupt and displayed only a number of slides.  PowerPoint 2003 did not complain (it usually does not complain ) but I don't know if the file was displayed properly.  After re-save in PowerPoint 2003 the file was displayed identically by Stage.

At the moment both the parser and the filter are not prepared to handle such files and I would prefer to revert such a change from msoscheme.

Reasons:
1.  We invented a number of own structures the keep related information together and make it logically sound to have the filter as readable as possible.  Each of the choices defined therein arrives in a specific scenario or is used by a specific version of PowerPoint.  You mixed MouseClickTextInfo into data which specify padding and indent and that is logically unsound.

<struct name="TextClientDataSubContainerOrAtom">
		<choice name="anon">
			<type type="OutlineTextRefAtom" />
			<type type="TextContainer" />
			<type type="TextRulerAtom" />
+			<type type="MouseClickTextInfo" />
		</choice>
</struct>

2.  You introduced the following child of OfficeArtSpContainer :

		<type name="shapeTertiaryOptions2" type="OfficeArtTertiaryFOPT"
			optional="true" />
+		<type name="shapePrimaryOptions2" type="OfficeArtFOPT" optional="true" />

This is not compliant with the MS-ODRAW specification, there are no shapePrimaryOptions2!  From my experience MS-ODRAW containers always follow the Primary - Secondary - Tertiary order, so expecting shapePrimaryOptions2 to be saved after shapeSecondaryOptions2 and shapeTertiaryOptions2 is wrong.

--
Matus Uzak
Software Designer
email: matus.uzak at ixonos.com