Karbon or Karbon14?

jaham at gmx.net jaham at gmx.net
Thu Feb 23 22:22:46 GMT 2012

On Thursday 23 February 2012 15:37:59 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IIRC the official name of Karbon14 is now (Calligra) Karbon. But in the
> sources (including the .desktop files) the name is still Karbon14. Something
> inside me wants to fix this :)
>
> Okay if I provide a patch to change the name from "Karbon14" to "Karbon" in
> all places left?

Yeah I think nobody is calling it Karbon14, it is too bothersome to call it
like that. However I am not sure about it, but I think the name was chosen to
avoid any legal/trademark issues which might come up (i.e. not to repeat
history as with the KIllustrator name).
So to sum it up, i would prefer dropping the 14 and just call it Karbon (which
we all do already), provided nobody thinks we might get into any legal
trouble.

> Cheers
> Friedrich
>
> PS: Have I already told how awesome I find Karbon? So far whatever I created
> as ODG file was nicely displayed, as expected! Only now I might have found
> the first bug (x y attributes in tspan ignored, but have to check this).

Thanks for you kind words, it is highly appreciated!
Regarding the bug, that refers to the svg:tspan child element from svg:text,
right? It should support the x and y attributes, but I am sure there are still
issues with that, so might be a real bug.

Ciao Jan