PierreSt's style sorting code in 2.6?

C. Boemann cbo at boemann.dk
Sun Dec 9 19:08:50 GMT 2012

On Saturday 08 December 2012 18:05:03 Inge Wallin wrote:
> Piere Stirnweiss has done some very nice work on presenting the styles in
> the order with the used ones sorted first. This is now in master and it is
> one of the most asked-for features from real users. Or put another way:
> not having the used styles first is the misfeature that we have most
> complaints about.
>
> Would it be ok to get this into 2.6?  We know already that we will need at
> least one more RC. There are also no new strings so that wouldn't hinder
> it. _______________________________________________
Well I think it needs a few final touches.

I think it confuses users right now because there is no hint what the order
is. So i think there should be some headings and or a divider line. Something
like this:

Styles in use
  Standard
  Head 1
-------------------
Styles not used:
  Head 2
  Head 3
  etc

Another issue is that when you click on a style that is not used and then open
up the popup again then it's not the selected style that has focus (but the
place where the style used to be before it was moved to "Styles in use"

If we fix these two things I think we can backport

But I think these fixes are a requirement, because right now we may have
annoyed users, but if they can't understand what goes on then that is much
much worse.

The code itself seems really solid. I've been using it for the past week to
test various other issues, so I feel quite confident that we will not be
getting any crashes or other big regressions.

best regards
boemann