Building on Windows I'm getting failures by anongit.kde.org's git server

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Dec 7 15:00:02 GMT 2012

Am Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 13:22:48 schrieb Philip Van Hoof:
> On Fri, 2012-12-07 at 12:54 +0100, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
>
> Hi Friedrich,
>
> > so last week it was the first time since a year (qtcontacts-tracker
> > backend) I came across RDF-related code with Calligra's KoRDF* classes
> > (oh, don't look too closely, they seem to be in proof-of-concept state),
> > and who appears around the corner?  :)
>
> Np :-)
>
> The qtcontacts-tracker backend was written mostly by Mathias Hasselmann
> and Adrien Bustany I think. I contributed some small things to the
> package but most of my work was on Tracker's SPARQL endpoint on the N9.

Ha, I happened to be part of the team which worked on qtcontacts-tracker for
some time as well (that I tried to hint to before), but surely there was no
reason for my name to stick with you, given tracker in the middle of the ...
say, action, and so many people interacting with you, and with Mathias and
Adrien also the main persons of our backend, okay :)

But good to know you around now here for at least now a little, as RDF support
in ODF/Calligra could need some more effort, and I am close to pick up my
left-over knowledge to brush things up here, so discussions might arise which
will need wise people to comment on :)

> > Am Freitag, 7. Dezember 2012, 12:21:20 schrieb Philip Van Hoof:
> > > Would be great if Calligra's team would invest in a nice Windows SDK.
> > > But I understand that I'm probably a bit early to ask ;-)
> >
> > Become a member of Calligra's team (well, after your first review request
> > you started to be one ;) ) and scratch your itch :)
> > The idea of sharing the code is that anyone can add the stuff they need,
> > no? It's not so much about free-shopping ;)
>
> Yes, yes. I'm studying its code and first things first: actually getting
> it working on a Windows and then linking with it from our software.
>
> > (Myself personally e.g. would never invest in Windows stuff, because I do
> > not use it, so have no reason/interest in that).
>
> This is for a customer who has a valid Windows use-case. It comes down
> to "it'll work on Windows and MacOS X, or no Calligra". Regretfully.
>
> So far I did a proof of concept on Linux. It's all looking great and
> hugely promising. Next step is Windows support.

Sounds good. Really great to see Calligra reaching more and more serious
ground, after all the years of rather hope in KOffice/Calligra :)

For the record, but I assume you know it, just for the rest reading:
e.g. the KO GmbH (whose hat I only have on when writing with the proper email
address, not this kde.org one :) ) is happy to partner up on the Windows
support, after all they/we are doing the experimental Windows packaging of
Calligra (just the RC1 build is right now blocked by internal problem, should
be fixed soon) and also serious projects with Calligra code on Windows.

So you are not the only one interested in having it work there and being easy
to develop with, with the other hat on even I am, or, have too :P (as I prefer
another OS).

So it would be e.g. a help/nice start if you could note down what you yourself
expect from an SDK, perhaps even some helpful related links (specs, creation,
bla), either in a new wiki page somewhere below
http://community.kde.org/Calligra or by just filing a feature/bug request with
https://bugs.kde.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=calligracommon&format=guided

It all starts with a first step :)

Cheers