Bump CMake minimum requirement to 2.8.0

Gopalakrishna Bhat gopalakbhat at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 15:22:57 BST 2012

So, now I upgraded the minimum requirement to 4.8.0 and I get this error

CMake Error at cmake/modules/MacroCalligraAddBenchmark.cmake:75
(add_custom_target):
  add_custom_target cannot create target "buildtests" because another target
  with the same name already exists.  The existing target is a custom target
  created in source directory
"/home/gk/kde/src/calligra/libs/pigment/tests".
  See documentation for policy CMP0002 for more details.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  libs/pigment/benchmarks/CMakeLists.txt:7 (calligra_add_benchmark)

This is because of "buildtests" target not being unique. Setting
cmake_policy(SET CMP0002 OLD) in the CMakeLists.txt solves the problem
temporaily.

The problems is in cmake/modules/MacroCalligraAddBenchmark.cmake where

    if (NOT MSVC_IDE)   #not needed for the ide
        # if the tests are EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL, add a target "buildtests" to
build all tests
        if (NOT KDE4_BUILD_TESTS)
           get_directory_property(_buildtestsAdded BUILDTESTS_ADDED)
           if(NOT _buildtestsAdded)
              add_custom_target(buildtests)
              set_directory_properties(PROPERTIES BUILDTESTS_ADDED TRUE)
           endif(NOT _buildtestsAdded)
           add_dependencies(buildtests ${_test_NAME})
        endif (NOT KDE4_BUILD_TESTS)
    endif (NOT MSVC_IDE)

code exists. On seeing the git history I see that this was added to enable
"make benchmark". Any idea what is the purpose of the above code snippet?
and is this option still being used by anyone?

CyrilleB any idea about this?

With regards,
Gopalakrishna

--