[REVIEW REQUEST] Cleanup of unused or duplicated icons

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Aug 16 15:19:29 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2012, 11:38:39 schrieb Dag:
> Torsdag den 16. august 2012 07:59:07 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau skrev:
> > Hi,
> >
> > looking for icons which are not needed in the current Calligra codebase I
> > collected quite a few. So below find a list of icon files in Calligra
> > which
> > are either duplicates of icons in Oxygen (as part of KDE 4.3.5) or not
> > used
> > by any code, as far as I can tell. I skipped a few icon files, as I am not
> > too sure about Kexi and Krita code (and possible hidden icon references),
> > but these here should be safe, and are a good start.
> >
> > I guess putting this on review board does not work nicely (or?), so please
> > review the list of icons to remove here and give an okay to commit to
> > master.
> >

> > DUPLICATED ICONS (Oxygen 4.3.5)
>
> (...)
>
> > plan/toolbar/hi32-action-view{,-add}.png
> > used in plan/kptview.cpp, plan/libs/ui/kptdependencyeditor.cpp,
> > plan/libs/ui/kpttaskeditor.cpp
> > not present in Oxygen is view-child-add, instead there is view-child
>
> Hmmm, connot find that view-(child-)add is used/exists at all.
> There is view-task-(child-)add, but I think they are included in oxygen.

Meh, pardon, copy&paste error here from the beginning in the report when
creating the reg-exp in the first line, lost the "-task" bit, should have
been:

plan/toolbar/hi32-action-view-task{,-add}.png
used in plan/kptview.cpp, plan/libs/ui/kptdependencyeditor.cpp,
plan/libs/ui/kpttaskeditor.cpp
not present in Oxygen 4.3 is view-task-child-add, instead there is view-task-
child -> so keep view-task-child-add
(Oxygen since 4.6 seems to have both)

> > plan/toolbar/hi32-action-resource-calendar-(child-)insert.png
> > used in plan/libs/ui/kptcalendareditor.cpp
> >
> > plan/toolbar/hi22-action-resource-group-new.png
> > used in plan/libs/ui/kptresourceeditor.cpp
> >
> > plan/toolbar/hi22-action-view-time-schedule-{edit,calculus,child-
> > insert,baselined,baselined-add,baselined-remove}.png
> > used in plan/kptview.cpp, plan/libs/ui/kptscheduleeditor.cpp,
> > plan/libs/models/kptschedulemodel.cpp
>
> If you mean duplicated as in "also present in oxygen", that is true. All hi-
> color icons in plan is copies of oxygen, I thought we were obliged to
> provide them as backup in case oxygen was not installed.
> If this is a mistake on my part they can be removed.

I would say it is a misinformation, as Calligra depends on kdelibs (4.3), so
indirectly depends on the Oxygen icon set (from 4.3). And there would be lots
of "unknown" icons in the Calligra UI if Oxygen was not present, not only by
what kdelibs uses.

I guess having icon copies was only needed with kolibs, right?

Cheers
Friedrich