better presentation of spellcheck suggestions in context menu

Franz Fellner alpine.art.de at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 15 11:40:42 BST 2012

Hi,

ATM suggestions are hidden in a submenu. I personally find it hard to handle.
It would be easier if suggestions could be presented directly at the beginning
of the popup menu, not in a submenu at the bottom of the popup.
The current implementation does not allow that in an easy way, because the
popup menu is static. (set via KoToolBase::setPopupActionList())

For the spellcheck-plugin, it woul be enough to add something like
"setPrependActionList" or the like. But being able to append actions could be
nice, too. Having something like "insertActionListAfter(QAction*,
QList<QAction*>)" could be too much, but if there is a usecase, it should be
possible, too.

Having append could be used by the spellckecker, too: if there is no
selection, prepend suggestions, otherwise append them. If there is a
selection, the user probably only wants to copy/cut/delte/... it (hence
presenting the appropriate actions on top), but if he notices a misspelled
word in a selection, having the possibility to check spelling within a
selection makes sense (doing spell checking within a selection does not work
ATM, I just mentioned it to illustrate usability of appendActions).

If you like the idea of moving suggestions out of the submenu, I will try to
implement it.

Franz