Missing icons in the formula shape

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Sat Aug 4 17:04:54 BST 2012

Hi Yuri,

Am Samstag, 4. August 2012, 16:29:15 schrieb Yuri Chornoivan:
> написане Sat, 04 Aug 2012 14:40:36 +0300, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau
>
> <kossebau at kde.org>:
> > Am Dienstag, 10. Juli 2012, 11:22:32 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> >> Hi Inge & especially Jeremias,

> >> icons

> >> not

> >> From

> >> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/lib/kformula/pics/crystalsvg/?pathre

> >> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/libs/kformula/pics/hicolor/?pathrev=

> >> private

> >> able

> >> think

> >> Yes, had looked through most of these icon folders, but never saw any
> >> trace
> >> of these icons.
> >>
> >> Meanwhile I found the commit which introduced these icon names, some
> >> almost
> >> 3 years ago:
> >> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/kformula/flake/KoFormulaTool.cpp?r1=1
> >> 014 885&r2=1014890&pathrev=1216793
> >>
> >> Jeremias, do you happen do just have forgotten to commit those icons as
> >> well? (Please say yes :) )
> >>
> >> If so, do you still have them around and would like to share them?
> >> Unless
> >> you are ready to just commit them to the Calligra repo, you can also
> >> simply
> >> send them to the Calligra mailinglist, mentioning the license under
> >> which
> >> you share them*, and I or someone else will do the commit for you.
> >> </hope>
> >>
> >> * Hm, not sure which license any of the icons in Calligra have. Where is
> >> this mentioned? Source files have that in their headers, where do the
> >> icons?
> >
> > Ping? Just retrying in case the email got lost/forgotten :)
> >
> > Listed these icons now also at
> > http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Icons/Shared_icons#Formula_Symbols
> >
> > Cheers
> > Friedrich
>
> Hi,
>
> Attached is an archive with bevelled, gsubup, root, and rsubup (I'm not an
> artist, sorry). Tested, seems works as expected.

Hurray :) Looks good to me, art at least on the level of the current formula
icons ;) So anyone objecting to having these committed to master and 2.5?

> Cannot figure out how enclosed and vector should look like,

No idea here as well.

> Formula shape
> is completely broken and unusable in all Calligra releases.

Mh, indeed at least in master I can confirm that. Should the formula shape
then be better last-minute disabled for 2.5 then? Or is the current mantra
"it's half-working, not half-broken"? :)

Good that Abishek is here to improve things for the future :)

> Just for the record, lsub, lsup, and multiline have icons but are not
> used, imho.

Abishek surely can tell if that will change in the future?

Cheers
Friedrich