Calligra News feed added to Planet KDE (was: Re: Pushing news of Calligra releases into more KDE channels)

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Apr 27 20:34:19 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 26. April 2012, 19:52:59 schrieb C. Boemann:
> On Thursday 26 April 2012 17:57:23 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

> > > I like the idea, but the logo however doesn't follow the logo guidelines
> >
> > Calligra's or the planet's? Planet says
> > "A hackergotchi should be a photo of your face smaller than 80x80 pixels
> > with a transparent background."
> >
> > > it has to be on a white background and there has to be more space around
> > > it. In fact it also is too small.
> > >
> > > for guidelines and svg see: http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Logos
> >
> > Ah, thanks, missed that. Hm, "Without background for use on light
> > backgrounds" is also an option, see BIG version, no?
> >
> > But than the logo looks really small if the border of the logo rectangle
> > is
> > not visible, as the margins are quite large, see attached files (of course
> > done with Karbon :) from the SVG).
> >
> > So okay with the -white version? Or better add some shadow, to make it
> > look
> > better on the planet page?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Friedrich
>
> no shadows, but maybe a slight gradient to transparent all around the
> corners

Not sure what you mean with "all around the corners"?

> Solely for the planet i guess the all transparent is cool too - trouble is
> that people might steal it for other sites. And we would have to keep an eye
> out when the planet style changes
>
> anyway the border around was the important part imo
>
> so just go ahead with what you prefer

Jonathan has added the feed now to the planet (in svn, no idea when the server
is synced), so in the future any news on calligra.org should also make it to
the readers of the KDE planet :)

Simply took the logo with transparent background for a start, can always be
replaced with something better.

Cheers
Friedrich