Pushing news of Calligra releases into more KDE channels

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 26 16:57:23 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 26. April 2012, 17:30:45 schrieb C. Boemann:
> On Thursday 26 April 2012 17:25:19 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:

> > > I'm fine with it -- but for news sites, do we need to have the okay from
> > > the planet management first?
> >
> > Hm, not sure, not explicitely mentioned in the how-to-add-a-feed
> > explanation. I would have just added it (see no reason why not). But now
> > that you mention it we could make sure and go by filing an item in bko.
> >
> > Will do that then, if I get a definite Go-for-it :)
> >
> > No-one with a better hackergotchi, or okay with the one I send?
> >
> > Cheers
> > Friedrich
>
> I like the idea, but the logo however doesn't follow the logo guidelines

Calligra's or the planet's? Planet says
"A hackergotchi should be a photo of your face smaller than 80x80 pixels with
a transparent background."

> it has to be on a white background and there has to be more space around it.
> In fact it also is too small.
>
> for guidelines and svg see: http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Logos

Ah, thanks, missed that. Hm, "Without background for use on light backgrounds"
is also an option, see BIG version, no?

But than the logo looks really small if the border of the logo rectangle is
not visible, as the margins are quite large, see attached files (of course
done with Karbon :) from the SVG).

So okay with the -white version? Or better add some shadow, to make it look
better on the planet page?

Cheers
Friedrich