Pushing news of Calligra releases into more KDE channels

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 26 15:30:22 BST 2012

Hi,

I would like to propose to add more channels to publish Calligra news, to
reach more (perhaps old-fashioned like me) people. At least I missed that
2.4.1 has been released yesterday so far, if I did not accidentally look at
the Calligra website.

Releases announcement should be additionally go to the ml kde-
announce at kde.org, there should be quite some people subscribed who are into
consuming release announcements.

And a feed with Calligra news in general should be added to Planet KDE, as
"Project news". Like e.g. Krita news are already.

Okay if I go for that one and add the following to the planetkde/config?
--- 8< ---
feed 30m http://www.calligra.org/feed/
        define_name Calligra News
        define_feedclass news
        define_face hackergotchi/calligra-logo.png
        define_facewidth 50
        define_faceheight 80
And use the attached file? Is a scaled down png file, I could not find a
vector image of the logo, anyone with a better png file for max. 80x80?

No need to be shy with Calligra news inside the KDE community these days :)

Cheers
Friedrich