Review Request: remove unmaintained plugins from Calligra

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Apr 19 15:35:27 BST 2012

On 19 April 2012 14:18, Inge Wallin <inge at lysator.liu.se> wrote:

> I see this comment a lot, but in practice it's not true. I have never seen anybody ask "did you once have a good implementation of what I am about to do but remove it?" before starting any effort. It just doesn't happen.  If you go ahead and remove all of the modules in the list, could you at least create a page (say Calligra/Deletions)  on community.kde.org that clearly lists what is removed, and how to get it back. At least we will have a trail that we can point people to.

How about keeping the directories empty  with only README that
explains what the plugin is supposed to do and where to look for
archived code?
Or if this still looks like a pollution of the filesystem, maybe we
can keep obsolete/ directory with such empty dirs?

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek