obsolete stuff

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Apr 17 15:57:42 BST 2012

Here's a quick list of stuff in calligra that I am fairly sure is
unmaintained and won't be maintained any time soon. I would propose
to remove all of this and create a wiki page that lists what was
removed in which commit, so people who are interested can always get
it back. Right now, it's often a maintenance burden and a user burden,
since the user gets stuff in the gui that's not usable.

Additions and corrections are welcome.

Filters:

generic_wrapper (a filter that could use a python or perl script to do the
filtering)
xsltfilter (need Qt3 support, unmaintained since 2003)

Maybe also liboofilter, if that is used nowhere anymore

karbon:

filter that haven't been ported since 2006

  ai
  kontour
  xcf
  msod
  oodraw

kchart:

   svg (needs Qt3 support

kformula:

   entire set of filters, none have been build since 2006

stage:

  svg
  genericimageexport
  words
  ooimpress
  magicpoint
  kpr
  ooppt

sheets:

  all filters are compiled; are they all still usable?

words

   all the filters that only know kwd (whoever thought that making filters
write
   to a file would make the filters more maintainable than linking to the
apps
   internals was mistaken -- it only means the filters compile while being
useless)

   mswrite
   html
   latex
   amipro
   applixword
   docbook
   kword1.3
   oowriter
   palmdoc
   wml
   abiword

Plugins:

   commentshape -- is this available in any application?
   musicshape -- Mek, are you still maintaining this?
   paragraphtool (great idea, unmaintained, does not compile)
   reporting/shape -- unfinished
   scan (rc files for krita and stage, is shown in neither)
   treeshape -- doesn't work and unmaintained

Tools:

    maybe mobile and koabstraction -- neither is used in real life anymore
since the Maemo
      platform is dead and we have Calligra Active instead.
    kthesaurus -- unmaintained since 2002

Krita

    colorspaces/lms_f32 -- not compiled for a long time now
    extensions/backgrounds -- was unfinished
    extensions/bracketing2hdr -- commented out for a long time
    extensions/scripting -- not maintained (my fault!) since 2006
    extensions/extensionsmanager -- unfinished
    extensions/painterlyframework -- unmaintained
    extensions/together -- looks like an unimplemented stub
    filters/bumpmap -- we've got phong bumpmap now
    tools/tool_curves -- good ideas, but not ported in 2006