Is there an accepted/official ODF test suite?

Jos van den Oever jos at vandenoever.info
Fri Apr 13 07:25:18 BST 2012

On Thursday 12 April 2012 20:05:51 PM Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> did I see correctly and there is no OpenDocument format test suite yet?
There are collections of files, but no description of what they should look
like. E.g. a document with a black box on a white background could be checked
to render to a comparison png. There is nothing in place for this at the
moment. In Webkit, this kind of testing is done by having renderings to png
with a fixed set of installed fonts. As Zagge said, he has cstester to do
something similar, but he uses randomly collected documents. More simple
documents that test explicit features would be nice. Especially if they are
linked to the relevant part of the ODF specification.
For your collection of test suites: here is a link a MathML test suite:
  http://www.w3.org/Math/testsuite/

> tools/slidecompare compares exactly what? loading directly vs. loading by
> conversion?
It compares rendering of ODF in calligra and impress. If you have non-ODF
presentation, it will show four renderings:
  1 converted to ODF by calligra, shown by calligra
  2 converted to ODF by impress, shown by impress
  3 converted to ODF by impress, shown in calligra
  4 converted to ODF by calligra, shown in impress

Cheers,
Jos