Is there an accepted/official ODF test suite?

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 12 19:05:51 BST 2012

Hi,

did I see correctly and there is no OpenDocument format test suite yet? Like
there is for SVG, e.g. www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Test_Suite_Overview?
One that checks the rendering or the internal document model or the
functionality?

All I found are checkers for the file format produced, like Calligra's
tools/scripts/validateODF.py.

What kind of automated/manual tests are there currently done for Calligra?
E.g. before the current release?

http://testsuite.opendocumentfellowship.com/ seems dead.
http://opendocumentfellowship.com/validator tests just file correctness.
http://officeshots.org/ seems to be for inter-program but not spec comparison
(and misses Calligra?)

What is the purpose of opendocumentfellowship.com and odfalliance.org, why do
they not push for a test suite? (Calligra misses on
http://opendocumentfellowship.com/applications)

I could e.g. imagine an automated roundtrip tester with pixel-by-pixel
comparison of the rendering, tools/cstester/scripts/verifydocs.sh looks like
that is done perhaps somewhere. But with which test documents?

The following seems to be a good start, but progress on these documents seems
stuck?
http://officeshots.org/galleries/view/opendocument-fellowship-test-suite

What would be the best place to discuss the creation of a useful test suite?
Anyone going to that ODF Plugfest in Brussels next WE? Perhaps this could be a
point to discuss there? To have a testing documents per each point of the ODF
spec, with e.g. some rendering example if useful?

For SVG rendering I could imagine a testing program which shows side-by-side
the reference pixel image and what Calligra/Karbon loaded and is rendering. Is
there something like that? Or how is SVG loading/rendering/saving tested?

Something similar might be doable for ODF.

Same for other file formats: for XFig I could imagine to prepare a set of test
files as well, covering all interesting aspects, for which I would take
screenshots and do a program which shows the screenshot next to what is loaded
and rendered.

tools/slidecompare compares exactly what? loading directly vs. loading by
conversion?

Cheers
Friedrich