commits to master

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Thu Apr 12 14:34:56 BST 2012

Am Donnerstag, 12. April 2012, 15:03:43 schrieb Jaroslaw Staniek:
> On 12 April 2012 14:50, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> > I have started to put together a draft of a commit policy:
> >
> > http://community.kde.org/Calligra/Policies/Commits
> >
> > For now, it is essentially what I said in my emails.
> >
> > For the git bisect part, maybe we could have some guideline on what to
> > commit in branch,
> > could be useful for beginners as well.
> >
> > As for the changelog, we can already make use of the "BUG" keyword. But
> > what do you think of
> > adding a FEATURE keyword, that would be followed by a description ? For
> > instance:
> >
> > FEATURE: grammatical spell checking
>
> Isn't that used as: FEATURE: <wish number> ?

>From http://community.kde.org/Sysadmin/GitKdeOrgManual#Commit_hook_keywords :
--- 8< ---
FEATURE: [<bugnumber>]
Marks the feature as implemented by CC'ing the commit message to <bugnumber>-
done at bugs.kde.org. This keyword will also be used to automatically extract
entries for the release changelog, so it makes sense to use it for new
features even if you don't have a bugnumber for the feature.

> Using this tag would mean that we start working on any nontrivial
> feature by creating a wish for it (in JIRA it would be more naturally:
> a task).
> This requirement would be OK for me.

While initially this sounds like overhead, at least it could ensure that some
of the discussion on a feature is collected in a central place, instead of
always being buried in the mailinglist/irc logs.

Cheers
Friedrich