[calligra] filters/karbon/xfig: Added: initial support for the different arrow types in XFigOdgWriter

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Mon Apr 2 16:08:50 BST 2012

Am Montag, 2. April 2012, 16:31:10 schrieb Thorsten Zachmann:
> On Monday, April 02, 2012 15:59:26 Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> > Git commit d58e64df6215c434e777442a97ed20ec906c6681 by Friedrich W. H.
> > Kossebau. Committed on 02/04/2012 at 15:57.
> > Pushed by kossebau into branch 'master'.
> >
> > Added: initial support for the different arrow types in XFigOdgWriter
> >
> > M  +136  -22   filters/karbon/xfig/XFigOdgWriter.cpp
> >
> > http://commits.kde.org/calligra/d58e64df6215c434e777442a97ed20ec906c6681
>
> Maybe it would be a good idea to use the same strings for the definition as
> the one we use in calligra. otherwise there will be similar arrows be show
> in the selection box for selecting arrows.
> See libs/flake/styles/markers.xml for the definitions.

Aha, had not seen that file yet, thanks for the pointer.
But the same is true for the selection box you mention, have never come across
that. Where in the UI can I see it (and thus the arrows in that file)?

Then the problem is that in XFig the arrow heads can be scaled independently
in width and in length, and additionally have the concept of a stroke width,
also settable per arrow instance.
Thus mapping of the XFig arrow shapes to the pre-defined in Calligra is only
possible if I ignore the attributes length and stroke width.
For the latter I was thinking to ignore that anyway, as that seems to be only
translatable in complicated ways which might not be worth it (at least for me,
itches are to be scratched by those who need it :P ).
For the attribute length, well, could also for now ignore it, until people
come and complain. I myself do not really need support for that as well.

OpenDocument does not predefine a set of arrow styles, or?

And the .soe format LibreOffice uses is their custom format, right?

> In case there are questions don't hesitate.

Sure, thanks, doing so :)

Cheers
Friedrich