Calligra on Tizen and beyond

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Thu Sep 29 21:42:24 BST 2011

Hello,
I've been  following a bit the Tizen communication channels to see
what is the atmosphere and attitude. I heard someone:

"I want to have enough of freedom to run my Libreoffice on the phone."

Couldn't we announce willingness (not formal plan) to provide the
office suite for Tizen assuming this is rather little effort?
If it is not possible for any reason we would have nothing to loose.

As a side effect we would demonstrate the fact that there is no way to
provide rich smartphone functionality (closed or open) with limited
effort and just HTML5, technology of choice which the Tizen
announcement mentions [https://www.tizen.org].

Also if there is any effort to save MeeGo in any reasonable form by
anyone and for any sane reason, maybe we can think about supporting it
as well.

I don't mean heavy porting or UX adaptation to different guidelines or
extra releases. I mean generic offering as "Calligra Base".

What do you think?

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek