release coordination

Thorsten Zachmann t.zachmann at zagge.de
Tue Sep 13 08:08:41 BST 2011

On Monday, September 12, 2011 12:33:41 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just to make sure everything is coordinated... I guess we need the
> following:
>
> * announcement created from the input from the maintainers. We've heard
> about Krita, Words and Kexi. Come on guys -- let's have the good news
> about Plan, Tables, Stage and Flow as well! There must be something
> special to mention after about 9 months of development!
>
> * tagging/packing/releasing. I haven't seen a tag pushed yet, but I might
> have missed it. Are we still good for a release on the 14th? I'm
> travelling, so I cannot do a whole lot.
>
> * Logo. Inge, you were pursuing that, right? Can you try to get some
> progress before Tuesday?
>
> I'm working on a krita.org announcement right now, and I'll also try to get
> a splash competition setup tonight.

For stage

The slide sorter and the custom slide show dialog has seen a overhoul by Paul
Mendez in his summer of code project. The slide sorter mode is very much
improved. There is now zooming, operation on multiple slides at one time. The
custom slide show configuration has been integrated in the slides sorter mode
during this time. It makes it very simple to create a differnent set of slide
shows out of the same base slides, e.g. when you want to show only parts of
your slides to a different audience.
There have been various small improvements here are some which stand out a bit
A bug in the notes mode that did show the notes of the first page has been
fixed. There is now draw and drop of images onto the canvas. A improved
template for html slide show export.

Thorsten