Features changelog for Calligra 2.4 Beta

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Sun Sep 11 17:02:21 BST 2011

On 10 September 2011 15:05, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 04 September 2011 Sep, Cyrille Berger Skott wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The beta is coming soon (not yet tagged), but I would like to start gathering
>> the features (or super major bug fix) list, so that we don't rush this :)
>
> For Krita, we had about 1400 commits during the 2.4 development lifecycle which took about eight months (actual count is a bit difficult to do, this is krita + pigment + colorengines). This excludes the commits made in the feature branch during the 2.3 feature freeze. Of course, there's lots of cool work which likely won't be in 2.4, but in a later release, like Matus Talcik's opencl filter plugin or Torio Mishi's animation plugin.

BTW, how do use count commits?

I am looking at master only and run something like this for Kexi:

% git shortlog -s -n --since="Dec 12 2010" -e --no-merges kexi
libs/koreport/ libs/koproperty/ plugins/reporting/

(notice use of --no-merges)

And how to find the date is interesting question since work happens in
feature branches in parallel even before tagging previous major
release.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek