'Single canvas presentation' - in Stage or in a new application?

Aakriti Gupta aakriti.a.gupta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:47:03 BST 2011

Hi,
GSoC got over a few days back and after completing my exams, I am now back
at work.

(My project was to make a new mode in Stage for single canvas presentations.
I made a new shape - PresentationViewPortShape and a tool for it. But I
tested everything in Karbon alone where I could save the animated SVG
presentation.)

Now, I have a question:
Should Stage have a new mode for this feature or should we have an all new
app in Calligra for this?

       -- Stage, being the presentation app, is the place where a user would
come to make a presentation.

       -- But since the workflow is very different from making a normal
slide show, the mode 'might' become confusing. Jean suggested we have a new
application for this feature. But, should Calligra have a whole new app
dedicated to this?

       -- In Stage I still haven't been able to work out how to save and
load an SVG. In Karbon, afaik, a KarbonDocument is converted to an SVG. What
should be used in its place in Stage?

I'd love to hear your inputs regarding this.

--
Thanks!

-Aakriti

http://aakritigupta.wordpress.com