KoGenStyle::rmProperty ?

Uzak Matus matus.uzak at ixonos.com
Fri Oct 28 11:19:57 BST 2011

Hi,

I would like to discuss addition of a KoGenStyle::rmProperty method.

There's a reason (maybe a stupid one) that I could make use of it in libmsooxml at the moment without re-designing and rewriting a lot of code.  We collect there a number of KoGenStyle variables storing predefined formatting for paragraphs that we inherit and modify by any overrides for the current paragraph.

That's OK for MS Word files.  The problem is that positioning of lists in MS PowerPoint is different compared to MS Word (here also positioning of lists inside a text-box is different compared to the main text).  At the moment we construct a unique list style in case of ppt/pptx and any floating/inline shapes found in doc/docx based on both the list style and the paragraph style.  I still need to remove the inherited fo:margin-left and fo:text-indent from the KoGenStyle for the paragraph because attributes defined in the paragraph style have precedence over the list style.  Otherwise we would need a separate textlayout code for text in a text-box and that for both ODP and ODT.
Of course that's the price for compatibility with MS Office.

At the moment LO/OOo use a similar approach in ppt filters (we do a better job actually), but not in pptx filters.  To maintain compatibility with LO/OOo is also important, but I don't think it's doable without keeping the textlayout code simple or discussions with their developers.

br,

-matus

--
Matus Uzak