Export Kexi documentation from userbase to docbook

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Wed Oct 26 16:55:57 BST 2011

On 26 October 2011 01:06, Dimitrios T Tanis <jtanis at tanisfood.gr> wrote:
> I'll have to agree on some points with Boemann.
> I think it's just double the effort to put in. Offline documentation in
> Docbook trying to keep up with Userbase would be a hurdle and could
> confuse a new user.
>
> As a solution an updated Docbook could be shipped along with each major
> release, ALWAYS having a link to the userbase. e.g. "Offline
> Documentation is for version 1.0. To view up-to-date documentation visit
> the online documentation pages available on userbase"

I am all for this.

Plus one thing would be nice in 'online' mode links should lead to
proper, e.g. pressing F1 on property editor would go to its
documentation, etc. Are we there already?

regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek
 Kexi & Calligra (kexi-project.org, identi.ca/kexi, calligra-suite.org)
 KDE Software Development Platform on MS Windows (windows.kde.org)