New logo

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Oct 12 13:55:47 BST 2011

On 10/12/2011 12:27 PM, Markus Slopianka wrote:
> On Mittwoch 12 Oktober 2011 09:56:02 Sebastian Sauer wrote:
>
>> No, it is Calligra's brand any that's it. The Calligra community will
>> decide and nobody else.
> KDE is the community and as long as Calligra uses KDE's infrastructure, you are bound by
> certain rules and that means no unfree media.

1. That is not what you wrote, what I replied to and what this is about. Let
me remind you. Your statement was

<quote>

You know that as a KDE project, it's not just "your" brand, right?

</quote>

That is wrong. You should know that the e.V. decided it cannot decide on
such things. If you really care then you would not have put such a
stupid sentence onto a mailinglist of a project with our recent history.

2. You know that KDE has a simple rule that is still valid? Let me
provide you are reminder: "Those who codes decides."

Now compare that with my reply: "The Calligra community will decide and
nobody else."

You don't really like to argue against that or?

> That said, Copyright and Trademarks are still completely different things. You (or KDE eV)
> can trademark a logo while the SVG source is still CC-SA/LGPL.

Yes. Thanks for that good and productive closer even if the opening is
still questionable.